Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's Done


Well it's finally done. Took a lot longer than I expected but, when you design as you go that's what happens. Overall I'm happy with the outcome. The next one will be wider, the only problem is that I can't put what I want into the shelves on the right. Not enough room.


It took a while to design the adjustable shelves for the right side. The idea I came up with really did work. The bottom one is fixed but, the other two are adjustable in the shelf pin holes.

And yes it's being used. I had the clean off the top so you could at least see it.

The Next Project

Now it's time to think about the winter project. This is the old Oak desk Gay got from her dad. She wants to have it refinished so that we can use it in the house somewhere.

The top is in pretty bad shape, I will need to come up with something to make it look presentable. I may need to try my hand at veneering (or something), we'll see.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just checking out Blogs... and I saw My Dads Old Desk. I have exactly the same desk. My Dad refinished it years ago by just sanding down and restaining it and it looks great. They build old desks like that anymore. Let me know how yours turns out? my blog is esaug.blogspot.com and good luck

6:51 PM  
Blogger EastMI-WoodChips said...

Send me a picture of yours for comparison. Do you know where he got it? Ours came from the Cleveland area.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will grab a pic of it tonight. I hav no idea where mine came from but I will ask my Dad.. We are from Calgary Alberta Canada.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Glad you are back. And glad to hear you already have another project lined up. :)

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home